I’ve largely neglected this blog for the past couple of months just because I’ve been more focused on building up websites that are working well for me. But I’m going to try to start posting more regularly here and sharing some tips about stuff I’ve been learning.
To kick off my return, lets mention a few updates that I’ve done over the past couple of days. I mentioned yesterday that I added a Facebook “Like” button to my posts, but here’s some other stuff that I’ve done to make my blog a bit more fun and personal.
- Added a “Stuff I Recommend” Page
- Added a “Favorite Music” Page
- Added a “Favorite Books” Page
- Added the Facebook “Like” button. Click it dangit!
- Added an actual logo…sort of…I’m sure the logo is a work in progress but I’m happy with it for the moment.
- Updated my About Page to make it less cheesy.
- Added some good looking ad space in the sidebar and above the posts on the home page, which I’m sure you’ve noticed. I promise I’ll never promote any junky products.
- Updated my social media icons.
- Removed the post author byline. I figure I’ll be writing all of the posts here and it was just taking up space.
- Removed the comment counter. Now you have to click on the post to see if people are commenting on it. This just made things look better.
- Updated my sidebar widgets to be less spammy.
Do you like how my blog is looking better than it was before? Suggestions?