****I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADVERSE AFFECTS TO YOUR DEVICE/PHONE WITH THE ADVICE I’M ABOUT TO GIVE****
Use what I’m about to say more as personal advice rather than an in-depth tutorial.
This will give basic (pretty noob friendly) instructions on how to flash the SPRINT TOUCH PRO to the Mighty ROM.
——-Always READ READ READ instructions on forums before you do anything to your phone if you’re a noob.
——-What I’m about to tell you will (flash) erase everything from your phone! Usually the only thing I care about backing up before I do this is my contacts, and the best program for this is PIM Backup which can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705. To get this on your phone, go to the link I just provided, download the “PPCPimBackupV2.8_wm2005.zip” (or whatever it is), wait for it to download, extract the files by using 7-zip (instructions provided under the “unlock” instructions below), connect your phone to your computer using activesync, and place the ppcpimbackup file on your phone’s storage card. Then disconnect your phone from your computer, navigate to the file you just put on it using the file explorer (on your phone) and install the program by tapping on it. Then go to “all programs” (on your phone) and open PIMBackup. Select “backup” from the little dropdown menu, and select your options. Make sure you place the backup on your STORAGE CARD so it survives the flash. When you make a backup with PIMBackup, it will create a little file that you will need to open back up to get your contacts. Now that you have the backup of your contacts, you can proceed to the unlocking, and flashing.
There are basically 3 steps to installing the Mighty ROM on your Touch PRO.
1. Unlock the thing.
– Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
and go to the bottom of the first post on that thread and download the “Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip.” P.S. you’ll need to sign up for ppcgeeks.com to be able to download this file. ONLY DOWNLOAD THAT FILE IF YOU HAVE THE TOUCH PRO FROM SPRINT! All other devices, will have to do their own research.
– As you can see, the file you’re downloading is a .zip file, so you will probably need to install 7-zip or some program that allows you to extract .zip files. Just go to the 7-zip install link (previous sentence) and download the .exe file and install it. If you don’t know how to do that, then you should probably think twice before flashing your ROM. Nonetheless, even the noobest of noobs can accomplish all things, so hang in there.
– Once you have 7-zip installed, find the “Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip” folder on your computer wherever you downloaded it to, right-click it and “7-zip” > “Extract to ‘Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip/’”.
– Make an ActiveSync connection by plugging your phone into your computer.
– Find the folder that contains the extracted Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 file inside it.
– When your phone is connected via ActiveSync, open the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 file by double-clicking it.
– Follow the instructions it provides.
2. Flash the ROM
– Now that your Sprint phone is unlocked (using the instructions provided above), go to this URL: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695 and download the Mighty ROM by clicking the big yellow (at least it is right now) “DOWNLOAD” button.
– The download may take some time, but when you have finished downloading the file, you will need to extract the contents. See the 7-zip instructions above for extracting. It’s the same process.
– Now connect your phone to your computer again and make an ActiveSync connection. Open the “Custom_RUU” file inside of the “mightyrom_” folder by double-clicking.
– This will bring up instructions similar to when you unlocked your phone. Follow the instructions and wait until it’s done flashing.
– Do the usual windows mobile setup by taping the screen to align it and what not when prompted. The first time you start the phone after a flash it will go super-slow. Be patient.
– If your phone won’t flash for some reason, you probably didn’t bother to unlock it. Go back to the first step. If you did do that and your phone is jacked up, don’t blame me. You better hope that it breaks suddenly so you have an excuse to use your insurance – not advocating insurance fraud, jus’ sayin.’ Once you unlock your phone, it is void of Sprint’s software insurance warranty, so don’t call them crying about how you bricked your phone.
3. Restore your contacts
– Reinstall the PPCPimbackup program the same way you installed it before the flash. Now click “restore” from the little drop-down menu. Now navigate to the file that you saved when you backed up your contacts. It will be wherever you saved it on your storage card. Then finish whatever else it tells you to do. It’s pretty self-explanatory. Now your contacts should be back on your phone.
4. Enjoy how super-quick your new ROM is compared to Sprint’s ROM.
Once you go through this process once, you will probably be addicted. That is – you will want to flash to multiple ROMs to see which one is the fastest and most bug-free. To flash to another ROM all you will have to do is download it and extract it (like in step 2). In other words: you only need to unlock your phone once.
****I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADVERSE AFFECTS TO YOUR DEVICE/PHONE WITH THE ADVICE I JUST GAVE****
Feel free to post any other questions or comments.
Lots of other tutorials like this one on my new site: Fluffy Phones